The sunset was beautiful last night. I feel like God romances me through his sunsets. The warmth of the orange around the sun was bouncing off the lake and the ramifications were something that should have been captured in a photograph, but could never be. I feel like this is how God is. We see His glory around us, but He is too indescribable to be put into words, pictures or even our deepest thoughts. I always wish that God would reveal Himself completely to me whether it be in a poem or a painting; but how much more amazing for us to see pieces of Him everywhere and know that His greatness goes so far beyond each piece; it's inconceivable.
This is a song i've been listening to a lot lately, and it just seems to perfectly describe what i mean:
I see your face in every sunrise
the colors of the morning
are inside your eyes
the world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You're Beautiful.
"Beautiful" - Phil Wickham
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
sunsets
Posted by
elise
at
4:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
what do you mean you USED to be a writer???...Girl, you ARE a writer!!! God is so good in the pretty gifts He gives us like sunsets. Your post reminded me of something I read this morning on Beth Moore's blog (livingproofministries.blogspot.com) ... She wrote, "Christ: the perfect blend of security and mystery. He’s security because of all we really can know about Him. Count on about Him. Believe unwaveringly about Him. But He’s also mystery. Someone we can’t conquer. Can’t explain. We know He’ll show up (security!) but never know how (mystery!). I love that about Him."
Thought you'd like that. Love you!!
i like sunsets. a lot.
and that song.
ps. i still need my blogging tutorial. i just cannot figure out the fun stuff on this site.....
So ... I first heard the song "Beautiful" when my rock star ex-boyfriend sang it at church. Whatever! :) The lyrics paint the best picture of who our God is ... beautiful. (As if a human word could even begin to DESCRIBE his glory!) I also see him especially in the sunsets, and I feel like every time I capture a glimpse of one, it was a love letter from the Lord straight to my heart!
p.s. Jan 22 Phil W is playing at Watermark - wanna go?!
Post a Comment