Sunday, June 29, 2008

recommendation!!

Hello my friends!
I just wanted to share with you and recommend a book I read today. It's (seen above) The Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney. It's a really quick, easy read. (only about 85 pages.)
Anyway, I recommend it to EVERYONE. I don't know about you, but I struggle daily in my relationship with the Lord, and often times just forget the center of that journey, the gospel. I oftentimes struggle with shame in my sins and become afraid and standoffish when approaching the Lord, forgetting that through the gospel of Jesus, I can approach God clean and beautiful. I forget the whole "He rose from the dead" part of the gospel. This book is great in not only reiterating the importance of the centrality of the gospel in our lives, but how to actually remember and live out the gospel daily. I got so much from it, so I just wanted to share. READ IT! It's available on Amazon, used for $5----or you can just borrow my copy after Ashley is finished reading it :)

Anyway, I will eventually give you a legit update on my life----but for now, I really just wanted to recommend that book, tell you that the Lord is so evident and working-------annnnnd i'll leave you with this------I have a job interview tomorrow! wooohoo! it's at 10:30, so many prayers would be much appreciated!! Thank you!!


Love you all!
~Elise

0 comments: