Sunday, February 17, 2008

i can't think of a title...

I don’t feel like doing homework…or writing in my journal, for that matter. Typing everything out feels more fluid right now. I feel like lately, things have been all about me; when things are about God, life is so much better, and I don’t even notice the hard times because they don’t matter---I know it is sanctification and I am thankful for it. It’s so different going through trials when you’re not where you should be with the Lord. Everything becomes about you and why this is happening to you, and not “how is the Lord glorifying himself in this situation?” Everything is “woe is me!”—which to a certain extent is good---it’s good for us to realize that we are entirely worthless without Him.---but there’s a line that one can cross from a worshipful “woe is me, I am nothing without You!” to the self-centered “poor me, I am nothing.” It’s kind of crazy how easy it is to cross this line when things go wrong, or differently than we thought they should. That’s one reason why we should be so thankful for God’s amazing grace. Without his grace, we couldn’t get out of that fleshly state.
It’s kind of hard not to slip into the “self” state when considering the future. Everyone, including you, is wondering what you will be doing in 3 months---and so, you have to go through the process of considering all of your options (which these days are endless and overwhelming); do I go for my dream job? Or is that naïve of me…do I stay safe and apply places near family and friends? Or do I go for that adventurous urge in me to apply all over the world and see where I’m taken…; and then comes the “what-if” questions like “what if I don’t get my dream job? Or anything remotely close to it…what do I do then?” and “what size box is big enough to live in on the side of the street but small enough so people can still walk by on the sidewalk?”  just kidding---sort of---haha
Anyway, most of you know where I’m at right now---in fact, you’re probably like… “Elise! We know you’re trying to figure out life! So are we! Get over it!”---I understand this, and I have been spending a lot of time in prayer lately for all of you for the future and for myself.
I pray for grace from the Lord to give us that peace and trust in him that we long for. I pray for clarity and rest when making our decisions. I pray for diligence in our current endeavors, whether it be school, current jobs, or anything else in between. I thank him for his sovereignty because whether we see it and believe it or not, he is omniscient, and he, thankfully, works everything out for the good of those who know him. But, most of all, I pray that whatever happens, He is glorified above all.
Love you. Praying for you.

3 comments:

Ang said...

praying for you too :). i vote for applying all over the world...

Alyssa Lynn said...

Elise....:) i love your honesty makes me so happy! You are such an encouraging friend!!! Apply everywhere bank on nothing....:) that is what i think

Leanne said...

I was in this exact same place almost exactly a year ago. We should talk about it soon. It is good news. He will take care of you. You're awesome.